As a business you want to be able to promote your services and reach a wide audience
So you probably have questions on your mind right now:
- “How can they help me?”
- “What will it cost me?”
- “What difference will it make”?
Great questions. Let’s get stuck into them.
But first, There are other questions you should be thinking about:
- What is your goal? What does success look like?
- What’s standing in your way of achieving this goal?
- What’s that goal worth to you?
- When would you like that goal achieved?
Once you’ve got those sorted, can you say “YES!” to any of the following 7 questions?
What Do You Need?
- Do you need someone with the right skills and experience to help you to generate (and work through) a to-do list of high-value tasks?
- Do you have growth ambitions for your business, somewhere you want to take it over the next 3-6 months?
- Do you have a myriad of marketing/advertising options in front of you but you want to make the right choices because you hate to waste money?
- Are you wearing a lot of hats right now, and the marketing hat just doesn’t fit so you’re reaching out for help?
- Is your business not quite ready to employ a full-time Sales and Marketing Manager (with the annual salary of £40,000 – £60,000) but you still have growth ambitions and targets?
- Do you need in-person input into marketing strategy and planning?
- Do you need to make steady progress through a number of marketing projects and activities designed to grow your company?
If you answered “YES!” to any of those questions.
How The Process Works, In 7 Steps
- We’ll have a meeting to specify what you want to achieve. We’ll set goals
- We’ll brainstorm alternatives for achieving those goals
- We’ll choose a course of action from those alternatives
- We’ll generate a to-do list
- We’ll decide who does what (between you, me, and 3rd party specialists you/I know and trust)
- We’ll get it done
- We’ll review our progress often and change course if necessary
7 Examples Of Marketing Goals You Might Set
Now let’s have a closer look at a few examples of what you might need and where we should start.
#1. Want to increase the volume of phone call enquiry?
- Let’s create more effective advertisements for all media (print/radio/web/outdoor etc)
- Let’s make you more accessible and reduce barriers and risk for your potential customers
#2. Want to increase profitability?
- Let’s re-bundle and re-price your product/service combinations
#3. Want to increase conversion of enquiries to sales?
- Let’s revisit what you think the key benefits of your service are. And then let’s ask your customers
- Let’s address objections head-on
- Let’s role-play sales scenarios to ensure you and your sales team are prepared
#4. Want to increase advertising effectiveness?
- Let’s start measuring results and cutting out low-performing mediums (I’m looking at you YellowPages)
- Let’s rewrite your advertisements from the customers perspective and what’s in it for them rather than you and what you’re got in the warehouse to sell
#5. Want to increase traffic to your website?
- Let’s use the latest SEO techniques such as adding high-value content and articles and generate social media activity
- Let’s trial Cost-Per-Click advertising using networks such as Google Adwords and Facebook
#6. Want to increase credibility and trust?
- Let’s add 50 testimonials to your website/marketing material to erase any doubt that you are the best choice
- Let’s insert real team members into your website/marketing material and remove bland, anonymous, corporate components/roles/departments
#7. Want to improve customer retention?
- Let’s review “touch-points” over the customer lifetime and improve their positive impact
- Let’s interview a few of them and get feedback on their experience to-date
Sound good so far?
15 Examples Of The Activities We Might Work On
- Generating ideas to improve your marketing and advertising (this is my favourite bit!)
- In small groups is best, with a few of your team and a few of mine together for 60min sessions
- Analysis of your business and your marketing to date
- The output is a prioritised to-do list on how to improve
- Market Research
- into your industry
- your competitors
- and your target customers/clients
- Marketing Plans and Advertising Campaign Plans:
- From list of 70 ways to advertise, we’ll determine the best combination for you
- Creation of advertisements including content and graphics. For example:
- Letters for direct mail
- Email content
- Flyers, Brochures
- Newspaper Ads
- Improving your current website:
- Turn Your website into a Sales Machine
- Driving quality traffic to your website using Search Engine Optimisation and Cost-Per-Click with Google Adwords and Facebook
- Persuasive copywriting that sucks money right out of your customers wallets
- Converting more web visitors into clients (using the latest usability research, sales & conversion techniques)
- Create a new website (or mini-website)
- With a focus on persuasive content, supporting graphics, and a clear call-to-action
- Customer Surveys
- That don’t just measure satisfaction but generate satisfaction
- Email Marketing (using MailChimp)
- That maintains client relationships and prompts action
- Advice on strategies for Social Media for business
- Particularly Facebook and consideration of other options such as Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Linkedin
- Maintenance of your presence on the platforms is included or we can train up your team to take over
- Creating Marketing Collateral
- business cards, brochures, flyers etc)
- Creating new brand names or product names and the design of logos
- Sales Training & Role Play
- For improving your sales technique over the phone/email/in-person
- Organisation of your next trade show exhibit
- Written reports to summarise findings from research, campaign results, and what action we need to take next
How Much Does It Cost?
There are 2 components:
- My fee: $2000/month (for a minimum of 3 months)
- Expenses: Up to $500 – $1000/month for hiring specialists, off-set printing, graphic design, advertising etc
- Together, you and I agree on these expenses ahead of time
- It most cases you pay them directly, or their invoices can go through me (I may add on a few percent to compensate me for the extra admin)
Ready To Get Started?
Then perhaps we should speak to each other… we are friendly and eager keen to learn more about your business and suggest how we can help